|Coleshill Media Site|
Today we started looking into the music industry and the role that CD covers has in promoting and creating a market for an artist. Most people managed to get to grips with Prezi pretty well and made a good start to the research. Make sure that you are completing the presentation - details outlined in the Home Learning below.
Cover work for 13th December 2013
This lesson should be spent making the most of your final hour of controlled assessment. Make sure that the Media Passports are handed out - they should be on my desk at the front of the room. Make sure that you are acting on the feedback that you have so that you can ensure that this work is as good as it can be. Any additional time needed to make up for missed lessons etc will be provided after the Christmas break.
Cover work for 11th december 2013
Cover work for Wednesday 4th December
Are representations of Men/Women different in different genres of music?
Above is the big question for you to answer this lesson.
* Create a Keynote presentation with 3 slides. Choose 3 different genres of music e.g. Pop, Rock, Heavy Metal, Dance, Jazz, Classical Music etc.
* Find at least 3 representations of different people from that genre of music and analyse how they are represented differently. You could use still images from music videos or CD covers as your evidence.
Answer the following as a comment to this blog entry:
* What are the differences that you have noticed?
* Why are these differences there? How could you explain why the representations are so different?
* How could you use this in your analysis?